Thursday, May 31, 2007

Immigra-ting on My Nerves

I never thought I'd ever say this. I never thought it would come to this, but it has.

George W. Bush, you are dead to me.

I voted for you twice. I've supported you in the Iraq War, even after it became apparent you weren't doing what you needed to do to win. I held my tongue during Harriet Miers and Dubai Ports; I turned a blind eye to all of the shitty little missteps your administration for which your administration has become famous.

The immigration bill, however, is the last straw. Your reckless and ill-conceived support for what is nothing less than amnesty cannot be tolerated.

To make matters worse, you would dare to turn on those who disagree with you on this issue, after everything else we've gone through for you?

FYI George, it's not about "racism" or "bigotry" or "xenaphobia" or "fear". It's about having some regard for what makes this country unique, special...the kind of place that millions of people want to come to. It's about doing what we need to do to preserve our inherent "Americaness", and not see that destroyed by a bunch of people who don't give a shit about what this country is, but only for what they can get from it.

It's about protecting our way of life. You know, that way of life you're always going on about whenever the Islamos get twitchy. Some of us still care about that. It'd be nice if you still did.

No more. I'm done with you. I'm sorry to say your administration may result in our party having to wander the wilderness for a while. Hopefully, our exile will not be too long.

No comments: