Thursday, February 01, 2007

Happy Anniversary GHS

Wow. Time flies.

It's been one year since I started GHS.

A year ago, we were in the midst of the Danish Cartoon uproar - today, the uproar is over an entirely different cartoon.

A year ago, Al Gore was jetting around the world warning people about global warming (excuse me, climate change). Today...he's still doing that, only now he's been nominated for the Nobel prize because of it.

A year ago, Republicans controlled the Congress. Today, they don't.

A year ago, we didn't know whether Hillary was going to run for President. Okay, maybe we did, but now she's made it official.

A year ago, Jack Bauer was having the fifth worst day of his life. Today, he's living through the sixth, a nuclear bomb has gone off, and Muslims are still complaining about it!

A year ago, 24 was my favorite show on T.V. Today, it has some serious competition.

A year ago, I was a "thirty-something". Today...I'm not.

Wow. Time flies.

Here's to another year of looking at the world, taking it all in...and just shaking my head in amazement.

Oh, and to those eight folks that chose to leave comments...thanks.

No comments: