Sunday, February 05, 2006

Final Thoughts for the Weekend

An interesting statement from Queen Margrethe II of Denmark on the Cartoon Controversy: "We must show our opposition to Islam".

"We are being challenged by Islam these years - globally as well as locally. It is a challenge we have to take seriously. We have let this issue float about for too long because we are tolerant and lazy."

Bold words. I'm curious to see what the reaction will be.

"...there are some things for which we should display no tolerance. And when we are tolerant, we must know whether it is because of convenience or conviction."

Here, here.

Finally, I came across a great comment about this whole Islamic thing. Unfortunately, my browser crashed so I can't credit the blog or the commenter. Whoever it was, you brought a smile to my face!

"You gotta love them Muslims. No, really. You've got to, or they'll kill you!"

No comments: