Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Taking Comfort In His Voice...

As I read about the ongoing clashes between our world and the Muslim world, I'm reminded of what a wise man once said:

"The ultimate determinant in the struggle now going on for the world will not be bombs and rockets but a test of wills and ideas-a trial of spiritual resolve: the values we hold, the beliefs we cherish and the ideals to which we are dedicated."

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

Ronald Reagan's words, as relevent now as they ever were. It only goes to show that the fight nevers ends, it's just your enemies that change. I wonder what he would say if he were here having to deal with all of this.

I miss his leadership, I miss his strength.

Most of all, I miss his certainty that we would always prevail.

I think we could use some of that right now.

No comments: